The Customer Service Representative staff is accountable for quoting, processing orders, handling customer complaints, and providing information about an organization’s products and services. The CSR staff also prepares quotes/proposals, processes sales orders, and is responsible for sourcing and purchasing.
vAccounts Receivable .
AR is responsible for the receipt of funds on the behalf of a company and the applications of funds toward customer accounts. Department responsibilities include:
- Post customer payments (including ACH, credit card, wire transfer, and lockbox deposits) punctually and accurately
- Resolve payment issues, such as pricing errors, charge-backs, unauthorized deductions, and unidentified payments
- Process company credit cards and resolve credit disputes
vContract Management .
The Contract Management and Service billing staff is accountable for all service contracts, projects, billing, WIP and reporting.
- Billing of contracts and projects
- Approving, posting and billing time entries
- Providing client documentation and supporting billing information
- Coordinating and resolving billing issues for all clients
- Processing credit memos and billing adjustments
- Reporting of Utilization and profitability
vAssistant Controller .
The assistant controller is accountable to the CFO and Controller and assists in daily accounting duties. The responsibilities of the assistant controller consist of:
- Reconciling various General Ledger accounts
- Supervising A/R and A/P personnel and transactions
- Preparing monthly journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Sales tax reporting
- Monthly and yearly closing
- Assisting controller with tasks as needed
vAccounts Payable .
Accounts Payable oversees all aspects of payables, including vendor setup and management, supplier invoices, procurement of credit cards, expense reports, payments, and more.
- Obtain, audit, and enter employee expense reports and check request.
- Collect credit card receipts and invoices and match to statement
- Process payments
- Respond to and resolve vendor inquiries
- Provide reports to management
- Maintain the vendor master files in the accounting system.
- Assist in month end close procedures.
The procurement staff is responsbile for managing vendor relationships, negotiating the purchase of goods/services, and ensuring that goods/services are delivered promptly. Procurement services include:
- Purchasing- sourcing and purchasing telecommunications equipment (laptops, PCs, software licensing, servers, etc.)
- Quoting- receiving and billing of product/service
- Inside sales- processing RMAs
vCredit & Collections .
The Credit and Collections staff is accountable for the credit approval process and guidelines, collections of overdue balances from clients, as well as working closely with customer service, sales and billing to resolve questions and issues related to customer accounts and accounts receivable. Principal responsibilities include:
- Collection of past due balances
- Maintain back-up documentation of collection efforts
- Produce, distribute, and maintain accurate accounts receivable collections and aging reports
- Notify managers of outstanding collection issues
- Responsible for new client credit approval process and new client setup
- Work with other associates/departments to resolve customer issues, account reconciliations, dispute resolution and related research
- Enter adjustments for customer accounts, such as credit memos, write offs, re-bills
- Maintain sales tax exemption certificates for customers, where applicable
- Recommend ways to improve processes to avoid future collection issues
The controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, including: periodic financial reports; maintenance of accounting records; and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets to mitigate risk, enhance accuracy of reported financial results, and ensure compliance with accounting principles. The controller's accountabilities include:
- Management of accounting operations and policies/procedures
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance concerning A/P, A/R, payroll, reconciliations, and credit/debts
- Reporting financial statements, financial and operating metrics, annual budget and forecast, and unexpected or significant budget variances
- Provide financial analysis and expertise as necessary
vPayroll Clerk .
The payroll staff is responsible for timekeeping information, payroll calculations, deductions, paychecks, payroll taxes, and all other payroll obligations. Payroll Processing (including but not limited to):
- Providing a customized calendar of payroll periods, dates, and due dates
- Processing address and telephone number changes
- Processing changes to tax status and direct deposit information
- Processing changes to earnings
- Processing deduction changes
- Setting up and responding to all garnishments
- Processing final paychecks
- Monitoring and making adjustments to time clock entries
- Gathering timesheets for processing
- Calculating standard and overtime hours
- Calculating and processing commission and bonus payments
- Processing expense reimbursements
- Processing on call and after hours pay
- Processing payroll advances (or any out of cycle payroll)
- Auditing all payroll data for submission
- Providing reports to client for approval
- Processing 401K and garnishment payments to providers
- Filing and paying payroll taxes
- Processing W2’s and W3’s (and 1099’s)
- Maintaining all payroll reports
- Providing customized payroll reports as needed
- Ensuring compliance with all state and federal wage and hour laws
Human resources is responsible for improving your company's atmosphere through human capital management, benefits administration, performance management, on- and off-boarding processes, and compliance/risk management. HR accountabilities include:
- Regulatory compliance (EEOC, FLSA, FMLA, etc.)
- New hire/termination processing (recruiting, offer letters, handbooks, I9, COBRA, termination letters, etc.)
- Benefits administration (medical, dental/vision, life insurance, 401(k), open enrollment operations, etc.)
- Various other HR duties (training, performance management, personnel records, PTO, etc.)
vCFO - Chief Financial Officer .
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Principle duties include:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Manage the budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting and human resources departments
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors and executive management team
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Assure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Invest funds
We exist to employ the best practices and are consistent from one client to another, as well as from one staff member to another.
We are here for :
- Forward Thinking
- Anticipation of Your Needs
- Extension of Your Staff
- Maximization of Ownership Value
- Make recommendations for success
- Cost Effectiveness
Our Purpose & Mission
Helping our clients achieve succes.
We strive for quality. We match clients with skilled, dedicated workers to drive profitability in the short and long term. Our exceptional back-office accounting team will help meet your goals and objectives, while maximizing ownership value. Our experts have the deep industry knowledge necessary to integrate seamlessly into your staff.
Charlotte Wasmer . President/CEO
I am the founder and CEO of Virtual Sourcing, CFS and Wasmer Properties. With 24 years of experience in accounting, 20 of those in the technology industry, I’m laser focused on the accounting, systems and operations of my clients with an unwavering determination to provide exceptional service mentoring and guiding them to achieve their financial goals.
Virtual Sourcing provides our technology clients with back office outsourcing solutions in accounting, financial reporting & analysis, and strategic financial management.
CFS provides consulting in the areas of Accounting and PSA system for technology companies. This includes but is not limited to design, implementation, optimization, reporting, programming and support.
Wasmer Properties is a commercial and residential Real Estate company.
I live in Alexandria, LA with my husband, Ken Wasmer. I have 3 children, 2 grand children and many family and friends.
Janis Barbin . Manager
I am a graduate of Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, Louisiana and have worked in the accounting world for the past fifteen years, gaining a wide variety of experience. I have worked in the fields of public accounting, the casino industry, the healthcare industry and the technology industry. I am a Certified Microsoft Office Specialists in Excel and am currently looking to take the CPA exam. I have been with Virtual Sourcing for five years and my desire has been the same since the beginning: to guide my clients down the correct path to achieve their financial goals; it’s the driving force behind my career.
I live in Marksville with my husband, Fabian, and our two beautiful children Kameryn and Conner. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family and serving my community as a board member of the Avoyelles Parish Arts Council.
Michelle Bournstein . Manager
As an Autotask consultant and certified CCP I focus on providing expert consulting to clients on Business Processes, System Configurations, Efficiencies and Industry Best Practices. I feel it is critical to add value to the investment in Autotask by delivering in-depth Support, Training, LiveReport development, and tangible deliverables that ensure our client’s success. I joined CFS in 2002 as a Client Support Specialist to meet the business needs of our Southware client base. With my experience as a Systems Specialist, Programmer and Project Manager for a New Orleans based reseller as well as 15 years of consulting with CFS, I provide a thorough understanding of the technology industry and a strong commitment to the success of our clients.
Why do our clients hire us?
We're experts in the technology industry! We do a better job than any, "employee," you could possibly hire! How? We demonstrate expertise in back-office and accounting processes, as well as in SouthWare, QuickBooks, Autotask and Connectwise. Virtual Sourcing specifically focuses on the needs of businesses in the technology industry.
Why do you need Virtual Sourcing?
- We're accurate. We consider a variety of factors to determine how best to help your business.
- We're affordable. We adapt to your budget without compromising on quality.
- We're scalable. We help you continuously meet and exceed your profit margin expectations.
Connect the points and you have a road map for success. Let Virtual Sourcing handle all of your back-office needs with our top-of-the-line outsourced accounting services.
Expert Guidance Tailored to Your Specific Needs
Our team of knowledgeable, friendly experts are dedicated to helping you succeed through focused guidance and exceptional services that fit your budget. Our winning combination of financial know-how and industry experience create a gateway to long-term success.
To tackle today's competitive business market, you need a scalable, cost-effective advantage. You need team members who can support you from afar to boost profits and keep you a step ahead of the competition. From expert business advice to expert accounting services, we will help you succeed no matter how big or small your operation. We deliver this assistance to you through tailored, proven back-office solutions.
Serving Businesses New, Established, & Everything in-Between
Whether you're a start-up or a striving tech company, we understand your time is valuable. Our virtual back-office solutions are a perfect fit for clients who:
- are too busy to handle their workload themselves
- want to delegate, off-load & outsource their workload
- seek tailored business consulting advice to help them succeed in their journey
- We help our clients succeed, flawlessly.
- We're interested in our client's profit and growth.
- We are always looking for ways to help the client be profitable and make sure the financial numbers are accurate.
- We partner with our client as an extension of our client's staff. We pass ourselves off as, "client-employees," who work hand-in-hand with their vendors, clients and employees.